What is Vandalism in Tennessee?
A person commits vandalism when they knowingly cause damage to or the destruction of any real or personal property of another person or to government property knowing.
What are the Penalties for Vandalism in Tennessee?
The penalties for vandalism are based on the dollar amount of damage done.
If the value of the property is $500 or less
· Class A Misdemeanor: 11 months 29 days in jail, $2,500 fine
If the value of the property is $500-1,000
· Class E Felony: 1-6 years in prison, $3,000 fine
If the value of the property is $1,000-9,9999
· Class D Felony: 2-12 years in prison, $5,000 fine
If the value of the property is $10,000-59,000
· Class C Felony: 3-15 years in prison, $10,000 fine
If the value of the property or services obtained is $60,000 or more.
· Class B Felony: 8-30 years in prison, $25,000 fine