What is Vandalism in Tennessee?
A person commits vandalism when they knowingly cause damage to or the destruction of any real or personal property of another person or to government property knowing.
What are the Penalties for Vandalism in Tennessee?
The penalties for vandalism are based on the dollar amount of damage done.
If the value of the property is $500 or less
- Class A Misdemeanor: 11 months 29 days in jail, $2,500 fine
If the value of the property is $500-1,000
- Class E Felony: 1-6 years in prison, $3,000 fine
If the value of the property is $1,000-9,9999
- Class D Felony: 2-12 years in prison, $5,000 fine
If the value of the property is $10,000-59,000
- Class C Felony: 3-15 years in prison, $10,000 fine
If the value of the property or services obtained is $60,000 or more.
- Class B Felony: 8-30 years in prison, $25,000 fine
Great and professional staff. Quick to answer questions and very helpful. My case was settled to my satisfaction. If in the future I need legal assistance they would be my first call.
The best criminal defense attorney in Nashville!
I am very thankful to him for helping me end a rather terrible experience as quickly as possible. He has my highest recommendation